Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving...Mom's Cooking



My best memories of Thanksgiving, as many of us, was when I was a child. The house would be full of visitors, food and love. My Grandparents often came from Kentucky for the holiday and my Mom would make all her Thanksgiving food specialties.

My Mom loved it when I was grown with my own children and we had her and dad at our house to celebrate.I did most of the cooking so she could relax.

Now that my kids are in their 20's and my husband's parents and my parents have past on, we have been invited to an Aunt Ruth's house for Thanksgiving dinner. I am just making rolls. Time to relax and enjoy....

But wouldn't you know it, my younger son called the other day very excited from work! His boss gave the employees a free turkey! So now I have a 20 pound frozen turkey and a promise to our children that we will have our own second Thanksgiving later this week at home, just the four of us.

There is nothing like Mom's cooking....

No comments: